According to MJ's doghouse , I need to update my blog.
MJ, your wish = my command. ;)
Let's update. Should we try something new and do this in bullet points?
- *Our next door neighbors (the Pakistani ones) have put their house up for sale. They're selling because they want to buy a larger house. Or maybe it's because I tried to give their kids Skittles on Halloween. We may never know. Anyway, 5 bedroom, 2 bath, 2000 square feet, for $375k. Come on people. It's a STEAL. In the wise, wise words of Mr. Rogers... Please won't you be my neighbor?
- *A couple of days ago while I was out putting frozen water bottles in the bunnies' cages (it was HOT people), my nose alerted me that there was something dead nearby. Guess what? It was a possum. And this time me and my shovel had NOTHING to do with it. I swear. Now I know the "dead thing" is the possum's gig and everything, but I'm pretty sure this one wasn't faking it. Hard to fake the decomposing smell and the flies. Don't believe me? Click Here for a picture. Hey, don't blame me if you looked. I gave you the choice.
- *Hagrid, the giant bunny is an inside bunny for now. 90 degree weather can be fatal to Flemish Giants and since I don't want to be a slave to the forecast, I've decided to keep him in the guest bathroom for the summer. It's all set up for him with food, water, fresh hay and toys. And while he's not a fan of the litterbox, he DOES do all his business on disposable puppy pads, which is very nice and considerate of him. Because as it turns out, giant bunnies have giant bladders.
- *Jasper the bunny is pregnant and is due to have babies (probably 3 or 4) at the end of next week. (Alice is the daddy) And if she doesn't eat them, I'll take pictures and show you. 50% of first time bunny mamas kill their first litter of babies. Good thing 50% of first time human mothers don't do that. I could've really missed out on having a big sister.
- *Remember Emmett? The cat Marshall agreed to get at the beginning of March, on the condition that he be an outside only kitty? Uh, he's still inside. Well, you see... he is just so skiddish, that I'm just sure if we let him outside, he'd have a heart attack if someone started a lawn mower nearby him. So it's for his own good, really. Lucky for us, all five of our inside kitties are buddies... grooming and napping and playing together.
- *Yesterday I ran out of diapers, so I decided to do some spontaneous continence training with Marlie. Wanna see a picture?
Oh yes, I'm totally that kind of mother. Some of you may even remember the picture of Seamus when he was potty training.
LOVE this picture. Marlie and Seamus, I will gladly provide these photos for the slideshows at your rehearsal dinners.
Anyway, Marlie is super eager to be a big girl and graduate from the pull-ups to her Little Mermaid underwear. If she goes "peeps" in the toilet, she gets to have a mini-Twilight poster on her bedroom wall. (if only we all could be so lucky) If she goes poo, she gets Skittles. (good thing she's not Muslim) Oh, and I put Dr. Pepper in her sippy cup so the caffeine would help as a diuretic. First time she had soda. She kept saying her nose was burning.
Yep, I'm pretty sure I'm in the running for the top spot of Mother Of The Year.
Also, with potty training comes the fun questions from older siblings.
Seamus: "Marlie, did you point your pee-pee down when you were on the toilet?"
Me: "Seamus, remember girls don't have pee-pees."
Seamus: "Oh, right. Oh, I get it... that's why girls are more flexible than boys. Because girls don't have pee-pees!"
Me: "Uh, yep. Right."
Haven: "But girls have things boys don't have. Girls have breasts, you know, those big things on their chests like Mama has." *points at my chest*
Me: *covering my ears and running out of the room, screaming*
Ah, the joys of motherhood.